This is a great opportunity for an audit/accounting trainee to join a professional office with potential career progression to higher level.
In general terms your role will involve:
– Proactively looking to become an integral part of the audit team, creating good contacts and developing relationships with client finance teams and wider business.
– Owning assigned work (a mixture of substantive and controls) over specific non-significant audit areas.
– Assisting more senior members of the team in the audit of significant complex audit areas.
– Obtaining an understanding of client’s systems and processes. Applying knowledge gained through training and on-the-job experience to undertake risk based assessments of the level of work required.
– Driving the use and development of technology across audit.
– Seeking to embed technology and data analytics in the audit process.
– Preparation of statutory accounts in compliance with UK GAAP.
As a general rule, you’ll be expected to meet the following requirements:
– Minimum grade B GCSE Maths or equivalent
– Minimum grade B GCSE English Language or equivalent
– Accounting graduate (or similar) with other numerical based disciplines considered
– Team player, with the ability to multi-task, as well as flexible and can work under pressure
– Socially confident with good organization skills
– Self-starter with good analytical skills and a proactive approach to problem solving
City of London and Harrow office
Right to work:
All candidates must have the right to work in the UK before applying.